August 13

It is mentioned in the Gospel that a man called His Holiness, Christ, "Good Master". His Holiness said unto him, "Why callest thou Me good? None is good save One, that is God." So 'Abdu'l-Bahá wishes a sin covering eye and conceals the people's faults as far as possible; for he considers himself incapable and deficient in the Servitude of the Lord. Therefore, being engaged in his own short-comings, he does not care about the sins of others, but always asks remission and forgiveness for them, and seeks bounty and grace in their behalf.

If a fault is committed by someone and I treat him with kindness, this is not on account of my negligence; but as I acknowledge my own short-comings and am cognizant of my own state, I do not show any opposition to others. 
- ‘Abdu’l-Baha  (From a Tablet, Star of the West, vol. 2, no. 16, December 31, 1911)