December 28

O thou who art cheerful in heart, by the Fragrances of the Merciful!

Verily, I read the verses of thy thanksgiving unto God, for depositing in thy heart an eternal joy reviving thee by the breath of the Holy spirit to everlasting life, [for having] cast upon thee the light of guidance and awakened thee by the breezes of His great mercy. Therefore, thank God for this. Verily, His bounty to thee is great, great!

Beware not to be sorrowful on account of my confinement; inasmuch as it is the comfort of my heart, the healing of my breast, the dispeller of my sorrow and sadness, the cause of my salvation in servitude to the Bounty of Abha.

If thou desirest to pray for me a beneficial prayer, do not ask for the removal of my imprisonment, but implore God to increase my calamities in the Path of Abha, to make me a sacrifice in His love and give me to drink the cup of martyrdom by His bounty and grace. 

- ‘Abdu’l-Baha  (‘Tablets of ‘Abdu’l-Baha, vol. 2)